Immerse yourself in permaculture for an intensive living, learning experience with PCA at Djanbung Gardens for our residential PDC intensive. Gain the knowledge and skills to design your property, create abundance, build a resilient community and bring practical sustainability into your personal life, profession and workplace.
Cost: AUD$20450 Early Bird
Numbers may be limited in accordance with Covid-19 restrictions.
PCA teaching team: is lead by Robyn Francis, international permaculture pioneer and educator, plus Janelle Schafer, Annaliese Hordern, Angela Skehan & guests.
Course Catering: the course is fully catered (except for the free day) – food features fresh garden, local and organic produce, international cuisine with options for omnivores (local free-range meats) and vegetarian diets. Gluten free can also be catered for by prior arrangement.
- Permaculture principles, ethics, design methodologies, & pathways to sustainability
- Patterns and processes in nature, biome approach to sustainable management, essential earth systems science and understanding global climate influences
- Soil ecology, organic soil management, mulches and compost
- Water management planning, collection, storage and conservation, earthworks and aquaculture
- Forest ecosystems and design of forests for food, forage, fibre, structural materials, habitat, conservation, wildlife, tree-cropping and farm forestry
- Food producing systems for home gardens, small holdings, urban systems to broad acre farmlands
- Design to reduce vulnerability to fire, drought, natural disasters, and impacts of global climate change
- Appropriate technology, renewable energy systems, and passive solar house design
- Bioregional & community regeneration strategies, urban renewal, eco-village design, community economics, legal structures, community gardens, and city farms.
The Venue: Djanbung Gardens has been described as one of permaculture’s best-designed properties in the subtropics and been featured in books, magazines, and documentaries around the world. Established in 1994 as a living learnscape, you will learn in an environment where the concepts taught are being practiced in the spirit of Earth Care and People Care.
We endeavour to keep our courses affordable and they are priced to cover costs. You will find our course fees are generally lower than comparable residential PDCs and offer exceptionally good quality and value with one of the world’s most experienced permaculture teachers.